For Immediate Release-
LIFELINE Blood Services has issued a Critical Appeal for Blood. “While all blood types are needed, the most dangerous issue is that the supplies of O positive and O negative are extremely low”, said Joe Schifano, CEO of LIFELINE Blood Services. “Currently there is less than a one day supply of these blood types for patients in local hospitals,” Schifano continued. “We are issuing an immediate appeal for blood in order to meet the demands for West Tennessee patients and the current situation is serious. Without immediate response from blood donors, the blood inventory for West Tennessee patients could reach dangerous levels,” he added. Blood donors are urged to give blood this week. LIFELINE Blood Services, 183 Sterling Farms Drive, Jackson, will be open extended hours during this appeal:
Monday, August 29 through Friday, September 2, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Please call 800-924-6572 or 731-427-4431.
Also, blood donors may give blood this week at the following Community Blood Drives:
Mon., Aug. 29
- First Citizens National Bank, Dyersburg, 9-11:30 and 12:30-3:00 p.m.
- First United Methodist Church, Medina, 3-7 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 31
- Second Baptist Church, Union City, 2-6 p.m.
- Chapel Hill Baptist Church, Milan, 3-7 p.m.
Thurs., Sept. 1
- First United Methodist Church, Paris, 12-6 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 2
- First South Bank, Bolivar, 12-5 p.m.
- Fred’s McKenzie, 12-6 p.m.