The mission of LIFELINE Blood Services is to provide safe blood products for the communities we serve.
This is a Full time position
Requirements to apply
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Laboratory or Medical Laboratory Science required.
- Current State of Tennessee licensure.
- 2 years of MLT or MT experience.
- Blood center experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Ability to function as a key team member in a high-level production environment coupled with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Some details about the position
- The work schedule will be Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- On call and weekends as needed.
- Trains new staff in laboratory, component, and distribution procedures as well as appropriate SOPs.
- Performs six (6) month and annual competencies on all technical services staff.
- Reviews and revises training modules and tests as necessary.
- Under the direction of the Director of Technical Services, the Manager of Technical Services will manage the staff by developing, coaching, and mentoring while supervising the day to day operations.
- Performs lab procedures such as compatibility testing, reference lab work, specimen processing, test performance, and reporting test results.
- Perform computer aided labeling, component production, and distribution.
LIFELINE Blood Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), military status, age, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested? Email email@example.com