Did you know…
- You must weigh at least 110 pounds and be at least 17 years old to donate.
- It is important to eat before giving blood. Do not give blood on an empty stomach.
- Your body replaces the blood volume donated within 48 hours. Howevers, it takes up to 8 weeks to replace your red cells. That is why you can only donate blood every 8 weeks.
- Giving blood is safe and simple. There is no risk of contracting AIDS or any other disease by giving blood. Sterile needles and blood bags are used once and then discarded.
- The average male adult has about 12 pints of blood and an average female adult has 9 pints.